I know kids have an easier time memorizing things, but like any proud parent, I am impressed with my little guy's ability to remember things after hearing them just a couple times. We have fun singing songs together, and sometimes I'll sing part of the line and he'll finish it for me. Usually he'll recall things pretty much word for word, especially lyrics to a song or certain lines in a book. So, imagine my surprise when Timmy pulled a fast one and changed the lyrics of Jesus Loves Me.
me: Jesus loves me
LT: This I know!
me: For the Bible...
LT: Tell me so!
me: Little ones...
LT: Him belong!
me: They are weak but...
LT: Timmy's strooong!
And just to be clear, this was not the version he was taught :)
2 comments:
That is so sweet. He will be a strong little man. Have a Merry Christmas. Miss you.
Off to be with the future in-law for a few days. Wish me luck.
Ha ha! Kids and I are laughing at that one. We'll have to hear it ourselves, too.
Post a Comment