Monday, June 8, 2009

weekend adventure

Going to a wedding is a different experience with a little one. Seems like we attend our fair share of weddings, and usually LT happily stays at home with a grandparent while we go witness the happy couple, but this time, we made a little weekend trip out of it! LT and I sat in the back and made it through until the bride was just about to walk down the aisle, but he was becoming quite vocal, and there was a camcorder nearby, so we spared the memories of the lovely bride and groom by heading outside to the play toy while they enjoyed taking their vows in peace, among quiet, respectful adults :)

The reception was more kid-friendly- and partially outdoors! Yay! Instead of waiting in line for food, we wandered and explored until everyone was happily eating, then we made our move. This showed great self control by my husband. My, he has grown up since LT was born. I guess when there's a fun little boy to chase around, it makes waiting a little easier. At the wedding someone asked how old he was, and we realized he was 20 months old that day! He walked around that reception with a purpose. At one point, a lady saw him and said, "Hurry! Someone grab a camera and get a picture of this little guy!" Ummmm....I've got it covered :)












Some nice man stopped us while we were running around and said, "Why don't you let me take a picture of you all together?" So, here we are. And in just 3 more months, we will each have a little boy to hold!




the sunset that night was incredible. I could have stared at that ball of fire all night, but it had places to go and soon it was hidden behind the water, but we enjoyed it while it lasted....



OK, we really enjoyed it!




3 comments:

Malena said...

Beautiful!! I love these pictures. LT looks so dashing and darling at the same time. I cannot believe he kept that hat on. The last picture is so unique! I am going to nominate it for the Costco photo awards. :)

Dani McDowell CD(DONA) said...

As SOON as I logged on and saw LT, I melted! These photos are just to precious for words!
I love the family photo too and look.... LT is smiling! What a big boy!

Brooke said...

What a sweet little boy! I love the last picture Andrea. You are talented and capture moments well. I heard about the Gretta's birth...amazing! Praying for your little one in utero and your beautiful birth ahead.