little T likes routines. And once he does something, it's hard for him to forget it. A few weeks ago we brought flowers to Addie for her birthday. He loved gathering the flowers and watching me cut them. Later we went on a walk, and he asked to bring flowers over there again. I told him we would stop at Grammy's house on our walk, and he quickly responded "Flowers...Grammy!" He likes to hold them the whole way there, while pointing out various things he sees on the walk. "Airplane up sky!", "Kitty cat...Meeeow!", "Trees", "Truck", "Bus". Then, he'll look back down at the bunch of flowers in his hand and say, "Flowers...Grammy! See Bumpa!"
Well, the other day I wanted to get going in a hurry. I got LT in his stroller, grabbed Colbie and her leash and we were on our way. Or, so I thought... About a block down the road I hear, "Please please, flowers Grammy. Please please, flowers Grammy." I kept walking for a few seconds. Being heavy with child, I only have a limited amount of time out walking before my bladder tells me to find someplace to stop. We were already on our way, so the clock was already ticking. Then I hear quite loudly, "PLEASE PLEASE....FLOWERS GRAMMY!". Oh my goodness. What was I thinking? My little boy wants to bring flowers to his Grammy, and I'm not going to stop him. We bust a u-turn in the stroller and head home to grab some flowers. We won't leave home empty-handed again :)
he's actually careful touching the flowers
once he gets to Bumpa and Grammy's he requests chocolate milk, which Bumpa is quick to provide him with. Caleb and Addie are also quite well versed in guzzling chocolate milk. I think its safe to say, they are all in their happy place right about now...
Grammy just had her surgery, and tomorrow she'll be out of the hospital and home for the rest of the summer. Timmy will have lots of opportunities to bring flowers to sweet Grammy.
2 comments:
Aww... cute pictures! I love LT with his bouquet of flowers, what a little sweetie!
Bout time you blogged girl!!! :) No excuses anymore, the sun is hiding itself! :( Let's hope not for long!
What sweet pictures- what a sweet boy! I love it that as busy and curious as Buddy is, he still has the time and interest to bring flowers to Grammy. What a great little guy. I know she loves it!
Post a Comment