In December, Julia, April and I did the the 12K Christmas run. Jules asked me if I wanted to do it and of course I was game. I have hard time saying no to stuff like that--it's fun and for a good cause so why not. We all signed our kiddos up for the 1 K kid run which was a perfect blend of adorable and hilarious at the same time. They were so funny, and Timmy and Riley held hands pretty much the whole time, even before the race began... so much for pre race warmups!
It was one of the coldest days of the year but absolutely breathtaking with the sun out and the views of the water. Thanks to this race, my husband has purchased my first pair of smart wool socks. Guess he felt a little bad once he found out my feet were numb for the first 3 or 4 miles, despite all the layers I piled on. He's super thoughtful like that and it was a perfect stocking stuffer :). The Dads crack me up, because they came to cheer us on but they missed us crossing the finish even though they were standing right there. I'm totally cool with it though, because it must mean they were paying extra attention to watching all 7 kids while their mom's enjoyed a run ;). I loved how it turned out to be a fun family day and despite the freezing temps, we had a blast.
![]() |
| Us Mamas with our first born loves. Speaking of love, I love that I'm wearing my Dad's hat. Thanks Pops for looking out for my head! |
![]() |
| Timmy and Riley cheering people on! |
![]() |
| After the race...finally warmed up :) |
![]() |
| I love you Timothy Blakers! |








1 comment:
Such a great picture of you and LT! :)
Post a Comment