LT and I sure are glad the last few days are over. The two of us have been a pair of sick cats! Some kind of stomach bug really got us good, and in a hurry too. It came out of nowhere and left out of nowhere, within a matter of few days. Thank goodness baby Jackson and Tim were spared from it! What a relief. My husband has been running all over the house with throw-up bowls, towels, and gatorade for us. What a guy. It sure is an experience being sick with an almost 2 year old and a 2 week old in the house. I have the best family though, they are so quick to take care of us. Word travels fast through my fam and before I knew it I had homemade chicken soup on my stove and my Mom at the door with some more Powerade. Really, what would we do without them near? The last couple of weeks we are reminded how important our friends and family are to us. We have been so supported...so many meals brought our way....just for having a baby! I haven't cooked since before the birth and I probably won't for another week. People have spoiled us, and we only hope we can bless everyone back as much as they have blessed us with their love.
Poor LT threw up so many times. He was getting so tired of it, and afterwards he would always say, "Please, please all done!!". It was a little heartbreaking. However, we are reminded how thankful we are to have a normally very healthy child. I can only imagine how awful parents must feel when their kids are severely ill, especially long-term. Today my baby is back to shooting baskets outside and jumping off the couch, just like nothing ever happened. Soon he'll be allowed to hold and kiss his little brother again...just like this sweet moment from last weekend:
Colbie is also loving baby Jack and is never far away from him. More about that later...More about everything later. I have a lot of blogging to do!
2 comments:
What Timmy said after he threw up almost makes me cry... I know that feeling of feeling sick, it's horrible but it is even worse to see your children sick and hate feeling so icky... poor little guy!
SO GLAD you are back on you feet, feeling better! Stay healthy you McEwens-- We want to be able to hang out with you soon! :)
Poor little guy... Glad he's back and running as "happy boy." Praying for your family! Hope we can spend some time w/ you before Jackson is as big as Timmy. :)
Post a Comment