Little Jack has been spending more and more time awake these days. He tends to favor late nights and one of his favorite times to be awake is around 3 am. We are trying to talk him into changing his ways and convince him that the family is so much more fun to hang out with during the day. We love his sweet face and are happy to look at it day or night.... but the photos turn out so much better in the light of day :)
Jackson at 3 weeks


Big Bro/Little Bro
We are enjoying this baby phase so much, but we can't help but be so excited for the boys to be able to play together in the future. Timmy is so eager to play with his brother. The challenge is that Timmy isn't quite aware of his own strength! In fact, the following phrases have come out of my mouth more than once in the last few weeks:
"Timmy, please don't pinch baby Jack's nose right now, he's trying to sleep."
"Yes, he does have tiny fingers! Please don't pull them off!"
"Oh, you took his sock off! Yes, those are his toes! Gentle please!"
"OK honey, you can lay next to baby Jack, not on him!"
"Timmy, why don't you hold Colbie right now? Baby Jack needs a little break..."
"Hey Timmy, Colbie might need a little break. Let's get your boots on and go outside!"
We've made sure to keep LT busy and go do some fun things as a family. We are quickly learning what things are fun to do with two little ones, and which activities just aren't worth it. Shopping anywhere other than Costco=bad, and anything outdoors=fun. This is OK with us, and I have come to believe that sipping a latte while shopping online is kind of like a little taste of heaven when you compare the alternative. We have taken several trips to different parks. Timmy loves slides, swings, play toys, watching boats drive by, and watching airplanes fly overhead. We enjoy watching him learn and play. And a bonus is the beautiful weather and amazing sunsets.
Tim wanted a picture of me and the boys, and we laughed as we tried to get Timmy to turn around and look at Dad. There was a boat out on the water going kind of fast, so Dad could not even get the time of day.
We settled for a picture my sleeping babe and me. But at this point Timmy had decided to start to climb up the railings to get a closer look at the boats. So I am reaching back and hanging on to him with all my strength while I urge Tim to hurry and take the picture right now because I just don't have the time to pose for these sorts of things! :) Every picture has a story....don't you love it when you know the story? Or perhaps you would just like to enjoy the picture. Sorry about that!
I enjoy this next one very much. These two have such a strong bond, and I love seeing them together. We are so proud of Timmy and what a good brother he is. He's adjusted so well. A new baby in the house certainly has its challenges. I think I lose a few brain cells with each child that I have. But Baby Jack was meant to be here with us, and life is definitely a little crazier now than it was; but it's safe to say that we all love our new "normal".
4 comments:
Oh my GOODNESS! Look at that double chin! HOW sweet! I want to hold Jack... it's been too long!
Little Timmy is a crack up! Love that little go-get-er!
I'm right with ya with loosing the brain cells with each kid! hehe! Guess that means I need to slow down in the baby making business!
Love you and love your new "normal" the boys ARE going to love playing together! LJ is going to be a tough little guy, Timmy is making sure of that!
This post cracked me up!! You look great and your guys are adorable!!
Love the picture of Baby Jack in the carrier, holding on to Timmy, the sunset and you smiling a midts it all. What a beautiful picture and story of a Mother and her family, multi-tasking for sure! Wishing for a swift adjustment of sleep scheduale for your little sweet pea.
Sweet post. Love the pictures, love the commentary. So nice that you have a record from your perspective of these first few weeks. You guys are a stellar family of four! :)
Post a Comment