Well, I know January is half over but it feels as though we are just beginning to regroup after the holidays. Christmas 2009 was fantastic. Tim and I laughed because we have never had to "prepare" for a Christmas celebration more in our lives, and we weren't even hosting. We spent a lot of time baking goodies and packing everything we needed for the kids ahead of time in order to make the day run as smoothly as possible. It's funny, as a kid, all of the holiday "magic" just happens...when you grow up, you realize you are responsible for creating it! I think it's one of the joys of being a parent.
As usual, we had two destinations on Christmas day for both sides of the family. We spent the late morning with my family and then headed over to Tim's side for the afternoon and evening.
Eva and Nomes, enjoying one of Tim's famous cinnamon rolls for brunch.
I asked Josiah to show me his cool new shirt and he flopped onto the couch and displayed it with pride!
LT opening his present...
He loved his new hard hat right away. First he put it on backwards...
but he figured it out. The best part about it is that it's personalized with "LT". So cute.

Here's all the kids waiting for their chance to open the presents.

Here we are at Grandma and Grandpa Nelson's house. Jack was mesmerized by the lights so Daddy was nice to hold him up to the tree so he could get a better look. 
Jackson hadn't met most of Tim's family, so he spent some time getting acquainted. Here he is with Tim's cousin Josiah.

Molly!
Great Aunt and Great Grandpa!
As usual, LT loved playing with Grandpa Bill.


As usual, LT loved playing with Grandpa Bill.

I was in heaven to have my two little boys to celebrate with this Christmas. I just love having a new baby for the holidays, it's really special. I would love to have a new baby every Christmas, if it didn't mean that we would wind up with dozens of children :) So, instead I'll just have to keep enjoying any other new babies coming into the family. In just a few more months I'll be an auntie again, so there will be another little one's first Christmas this coming December. I'm definitely looking forward to that.


1 comment:
Whoa! Didn't realize it had been so long since I've checked blogs!! You got some cute pictures here, and great comments too- so right about having to create the magic, right. :) Love Jack's eyes looking at the tree- funny!
Post a Comment