Wednesday, April 14, 2010

big big family

Last month we headed off for a mini-vacation to Hood Canal and stayed in a house that Timmy dubbed "big big house". It was a big big house....Good thing, because we have a big big family. A loud, crazy, fun, and quirky family.
See? I think the picture describes us better than I can...
The highlight of our trip was an early birthday celebration for Mom's 60th Birthday.
Here are my notes about the trip:
  • the Olympic mountain range is stunningly beautiful.
  • the beach is still fun, even if it's raining.
  • I like dancing to Bali music and eating gummy bears simultaneously.
  • Living in a big big house would prove too stressful for me: Big big houses are scary at night, kids get lost in them during the day, and cleaning a big big house would be a big big problem for me.
  • my family cooks and eats very well and chocolate cake never gets old.
  • mashed potatoes don't need butter and cream to taste good. I'm still shocked.
  • my kids sleep best at home. I could go on....I think I'll leave it at that.
  • Coffee in the morning is always good (refer to the fact above).
  • My tripod takes better pictures than I do (refer to the picture above).
  • packing everything up for our trip reminded us that someday we'll probably be in need of a big big car.
  • I missed petting Colbie on the couch at night.
  • Tim did not miss petting Colbie on the couch at night.
  • I love telling stories and remembering funny things that happened with my family.
  • I forgot how much I like putting puzzles together (thanks for reminding me Mom)
  • My mom is seriously loved by our family! Happy Early Birthday, Mama Dear!

    Well, too tired to make note of anything else, so I guess I'll leave it at that for now. I guess all my big big house pictures will have to wait, too. This one was my favorite, anyways!

3 comments:

Mia Sels said...

Thank you for sharing. Sounds like you have a wonderful time.

Sweet Pea Potts said...

What a great family you have, Andrea! You all always seem to have so much fun - I love it! My kids always seem to sleep best at home too - and coffee is a must in the morning at our house too! Glad you had a fun time...you're probably still trying to catch up on your sleep!

Grammy and Gramps said...

What a special memory! All my favorite people in one place together...laughing, crying (tears of joy), exercising, relaxing, hot-tubbing, and of course, feasting! What a special time...thank you. Love you all...