Monday, September 13, 2010

the big ONE

Well, our baby hit a huge milestone a week ago. A first birthday is something special for sure. It's hard to believe how much is crammed into that first year of life. All of that growing must be exhausting, yet Jackson sure seems happy with it. But then again, hardly a minute goes by where this little man isn't smiling. The amount of expression in this face of his just tickles me.
At one year, Jackson is happily mobile. His favorite two things on Earth must be dogs and balls. His favorite foods have to be blueberries and peaches. However chicken is quickly gaining speed and it looks like we have a meat eater on our hands. That's a good man right there.
And as we celebrate our precious son, I reflect on how funny it is that a little being can bring such joy...how amazing it is that in a years time, you can fall so deeply in love...and how precious is this wonderful gift of life that we have been given.

happy birthday, beautiful boy....
xoxo


3 comments:

Dani McDowell CD(DONA) said...

Awww.. love that picture of him in the coveralls, he's just so excited about something! :)
Love you, Jackson!

Malena said...

Sweet sweet Jack-E! :) I can just smell him when I see his little face. Seems like he's been here forever, not just a year!

Sweet Pea Potts said...

He is so darling. I can't believe he is 1. Seems like you had him just a few short months ago! Happy birthday Jack. I'm so sorry we missed it...we hope to make #2!!!