Sunday, November 14, 2010

a friday night


As the wind blows outside and the rain is coming down, I'm still working my way through my August and Septmeber. In blog-world, that is. So journey with me to shorts and t-shirt weather for a few moments.






Small moments like these are my favorite and I can't help but bring them up. To me, these normal Friday nights are just as blog worthy as the birthday parties and the family vacations. And while there is no way I could blog about them all, they are still so very important.




A Friday night after a long week, my 3 boys and I had a date at the park. I love a good kick-off to the weekend. It really doesn't take much to get things started off right.




Some cracker eatin', some toy playin' and a beautiful sunset.

























































I love watching my super active boy wait so
patiently and watch so intently as the sun sank lower and lower.


When it went down we thought it must be dinnertime. That's right. We are known to live on the edge at times and keep our small children out late on a Friday night. We went down the street to Five Guys...because sometimes burger and fries are just what is needed on a Friday night.


It was a warm evening and we sat at the outdoor picnic table under the lights and listened to the Oldies music blare from the speakers. "I love you more today than yesterday".......


Yep, I know that feeling.
I am so lucky in love with my boys and their wonderful Daddy.



4 comments:

Dani McDowell CD(DONA) said...

Loving those pics and WEIRD to see pics of shorts and sun... seems but a far off dream right now with the forecast predicting snow this weekend! :)
I love kicking the weekend off to a good start also! :) Yahoo!

Sarena said...

Sweet, sweet, sweet. That pic of Timmy watching the sunset is fantastic. Yes, just being together and watching the kids be conten--those are some of the best, most satisfying times as a mommy.

Malena said...

Way to capture a wonderful evening. I think that Timmy and Jack both look so hopeful and innocent. Hooray for simple, wonderful memories. :)

Grammy and Gramps said...

Special...