Tuesday, November 30, 2010

optimist

There was something about today. I missed my boys like crazy. All I wanted to do was disappear from the corporate office air and take my boys to the park and watch them explore. I just wanted to be there.
My brain hurts today. I want to do everything I did for them as a stay at home mom while being a working mom. Some days,the effort is downright exhausting and it overwhelms me. 

I thought about what Timmy said this weekend....He opened the fridge: "Mom, we don't have any more orange juice!".
"I know, Buddy, we drank the whole bottle".

"But...." he said, "We have milk and water! It's wonderful!"

:)

It is wonderful.....and if my three year old can snap out of it, I think I can too.
Oh, how i love these sweet boys....
Bring on tomorrow!

4 comments:

Dani McDowell CD(DONA) said...

LOVE you!

JB said...

Keep on Keepin' on...

Jess said...

Awe he's so sweet! Btw, love the matching jackets the boys have on. :)

Eva said...

Oh, the bittersweet... Glad it is a little more sweet than bitter. You are doing so wonderfully with all your new responsibilities, even though it must be hard. Yay for a sweet kid's perspective. I love that. PS-Somehow I changed my password so I have to post as Eva for now!