Tuesday, August 16, 2011

gardens and art



Spring 2011 marked the year of our first real garden. Thanks to the boys for building me the garden boxes that I wanted and looking so cute while doing it.


Here he is saying "wow". Clearly, I'm not the only one impressed with the boys' handiwork.

Timmy is at the age where he wants to help with everything. Perfect, because we want to show him how to do everything! He and I planted the seeds together. Even Jack planted some of the bulbs.






We have been having fun going outside and picking lettuce for salads, burgers, you name it. I haven't bought lettuce for months now, and boy does this fresh lettuce sure make a difference in taste and color. It's lovely!
  
 


 The boys have also taken up painting as an alternative to coloring. Apparently painting is more fun. Of course it is. I know one thing, it's waaaay more fun to clean up ;)



Someone is proud of their masterpiece!


Timmy made a total of 6 paintings on this particular afternoon. I told him how a lot of paintings happen to have names, so that he might want to name them. I don't recall what all of them were, but I do remember two of them: "Sunset" and "Flesh". He then gifted them to his cousin Addie. What a guy. Let's hope she'll hold on to them, you never know what might end up being famous!

No comments: