Tuesday, April 17, 2012

3-0!

Well..I did it! I turned thirty... 30... The big three-oh.

Honestly, when they say "Age ain't nothing but a number", I guess they're right. Maybe it's the busy-ness in my life or the fact that several of my friends (oh, and my hubby) have been there and done that...but it really was no big thing in terms of feeling too old or whatever else is supposed to come with hitting a milestone birthday. Phew. A sigh of relief.
Although, now that I've joined the rank of "older folks",  it's kind of like one of those new excuses that you suddenly get to use. Just like the one you get to use once you have kids. 
"Sorry, can't stay...kids are tired!"
Now it's... "Sorry, can't stay. I'm 30." 
I'm sure people totally understand.
;)

My very best girls, aka sisters, aka kindred spirits (I love you Anne of Green Gables!) treated me to the most amazing time. They pulled out all the stops and knew just how to make this girl feel special. What in the heck would I do without them?
Knowing that my littlest bambino would be only 3.5 months old at the time of the big day, they asked if I would be comfortable being away for the night. After all, I am his food source. Not to mention, he's such a charmer that I admit, I'm attached.

Well, the best part about having an amazing husband is that I knew one night away would be OK. He can handle anything! Besides having an amazing husband, I also have an amazing breast pump! Between those two, they had it covered!

We left Saturday morning on our adventure which included a long walk with beautiful scenery, followed by an afternoon at the spa and wonderful dinner and drinks. We also did lots of walking and even walked to dinner from our hotel. Why is it so much fun to walk to dinner? It just is. Despite the rain...which was OK with me and just made me feeling better for not doing anything with my hair. This gave us time to talk, and talk, followed by more talking.  We laughed because we were late for our dinner reservations. Oops. No kids and what was our excuse? Too much gabbing and when we finally looked up at the clock we had to rush to get ready! Honestly, we could go on forever. No joke. Just ask my husband, he'll tell you! He will tell you quickly, nicely, and to-the point. I love that guy, I do!!

I loved our hotel, I loved the food but most of all, I loved my time with the girls. Between the 4 of us, we have 13, read: THIRTEEN kids. Time away together is a treasure, a true gift. A perfect way to celebrate a birthday, and the 30 years that I am so thankful for!



haha. Thanks, self-timer.


Cheers!

Self timer got a break. Thanks, Mr. Server! Too bad you didn't get the live piano player right behind us in the pic. You were talented, Mr. Piano guy!

Self timer...gettin' good!
I loved the style in our hotel! So cool.

1 comment:

Sweet Pea Potts said...

Oh, such beautiful girls! I spent a special weekend in Portland with my sis for my 30th bday too. I was 5 months pregnant with Oliver at the time. Sisters are the BEST...you are blessed to have 3!!! Glad you had a blast.