Saturday, September 27, 2008

Big Plans


Here we are last year at this time--about a week before we were officially parents. My sweet sis offered to snap some photos of us, and while I knew I was long past the "cute" pregnant stage, I agreed.

This picture makes me think of that quote "you think you know... but you have no idea." I had all his clothes washed and folded before he came, and we even had his crib all ready knowing he probably wouldn't use it for a little while. But once I held him in my arms for the first time, it was true. I had no idea just how much I would love him right away. How badly I wanted to keep him safe. How awful I would feel the first time he got hurt. How incredibly happy his little smile would make me feel, and how prould I would be when he said his first word.

I am thankful that we can plan for some things. But how refreshing it is to know that we don't know it all. Good or bad. It makes experiencing the good in life that much sweeter.

3 comments:

Malena said...

Oh, just looking at the picture made me a little teary! And then your words... Isn't it true. You and Tim are so blessed with your sweet little guy, and he with his wonderful, fun-loving parents. Can't believe it's almost been a year since Buddy's arrival, but then again, it seems like he's always been here.

Dani McDowell CD(DONA) said...

True that A! :) I love that picture and T & tinny Buddy!
Love what you said too... true, true!

Dani McDowell CD(DONA) said...

Opps! Typo! (meant to say I love that picture of you and T & tinny buddy! :) woopsers!!
Can't wait for the 1st birthday bash! yahooo!!