I love checking the mail. I usually dig through all the blah mail (bills!) in hopes to find something personal. A few weeks back I got what I consider to be good mail! A note from my old friend, and a few pictures to go with it from her visit here! Jazzy spent a couple days up here with me, visiting from Cali with the two men in her life :)
Growing up in the same place for most of my life, i am fortunate to have kept a handful of these friends for the long haul. It really doesn't seem like that long ago we were spending every moment of free time outside jumping on the trampoline, playing imaginary games, making up dances and plays, or forming secret spy clubs to spy on the neighborhood kids. Those were the days, playing wall ball on the playground in 3rd grade, begging our Moms to drive us to the mall in 5th grade, only to blow our money on matching charm bracelets! Going through some rough hairstyles, even worse fashion taste, and some pretty silly boyfriends. Then it was learning how to drive, playing sport after sport together, and getting our first jobs! And in the blink of an eye, we were applying to colleges, and fast forward to now: marriage, babies, and being adults! Are you kidding me?! Somehow, we made it!





2 comments:
That's a nice post, I like all those pictures too! Everyone looks so cute!
Lovely post- words and pictures! The picture of the two "little men" is great- they look like they're having a real discussion! Reading this made me glad to have sisters, as I don't have a single childhood friend that I still know! You are blessed to have both. A sweet group of girls. I think Josiah loved the picture of you and pretty bride Kristen... He was looking at your blog by himself (he takes his time) and when i came back, somehow that picture was blown up full screen in Picasa! I think he must have clicked on it a few times, like "I like THIS one."
Post a Comment