Friday, November 21, 2008

Get-out-of Bedtime

We have lots of little routines around here. On most days, when Tim comes home after a long day, he grabs LT and they go upstairs together while Tim changes his clothes and I enjoy a few minutes to myself. Then, they come back downstairs and they're ready to play until dinner. The other night, Tim got home really late and the boys didn't get their playtime in before dinner. It was LT's bedtime, so we put him to bed just a few minutes after Tim walked in the door.
We knew he was tired, but he knew that Dad was home and he hadn't seen him all day. He proceeded to cry his best "get me out of bed" cry. It worked really well! I'm glad I'm married to a man who realizes that their playtime is important. And occasionally, this means forgetting about bedtimes, just for the sake of having a little fun together.






3 comments:

Malena said...

So precious! His triumphant look next to his stacked blocks is just priceless. I can just hear him clapping for himself. Yay, Timmy!

Dani McDowell CD(DONA) said...

Hey! Caleb was just wearing those p.j.s!
He's such a little goober! I love that smile, it makes me smile everytime I see it!

Dani McDowell CD(DONA) said...

Hey, it's about time for another post miss blogger! I just don't see you guys enough! :)