Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween Festivities!

We were definitely not short of things to do or treats eat this weekend! Halloween was so fun this year, we met up with the McDowells and took the kids out for a little bit.


Here is my little astronaut. This turned out to be a great costume for him; it was warm and comfortable.





Addie the Flower, she was adorable. Here's the three of them, LT, Caleb and Addie. It wasn't easy to get them to sit still for this picture. And I see that Timmy grabbed Dani's phone for the picture...who knows who he was calling? Caleb was the sweetest little bee. Sadly my camera was very low on batteries and I got a very limited amount of pictures.
On our way out...
The kids ended the night in the stroller, looking quite comfortable. We really didn't do much trick or treating, but it was so fun taking a walk together and seeing the other neighborhood kids in costume.
Saturday night we went to a Halloween party at our friends house, and we all dressed up as a family. Our costumes were super last minute, but we are huge football fans, so it was easy! I was Seattle's injured #8 quarterback :( To make my costume better, I stopped at Mom's to borrow her crutches. Apparently his back injury is affecting his legs, so...I tried to play the part. My husband is a blind ref....you know the kind (think Superbowl 2006!) These glasses were ridiculous! He couldn't really keep them on because he said they hurt his eyes. Frankly, they aren't too different than the glasses he owned when we were first married (for real!) If you didn't have the pleasure of seeing them, it is because he is only an early-morning or late-evening glasses wearer. He held on to them, just for kicks though, and for days when I need a good laugh.
LT played the role of a football perfectly. It wasn't as easy as I thought to toss him around, but he gets around just fine on his own!

Timmy was glad we stopped at Grandma and Grandpas to pick up the crutches so he could get a quick snuggle with Gramps in!A cute bunch: Our friends, Sean Julia and Riley.




2 comments:

Malena said...

Great pictures! Two cool costumes for your one-year old guy- you are a super-mom already! Love the family pics of you guys and of RileyFamily. The kids will love to look back on them, I'm sure. Love the picture of LT and Addie in the stroller, too. They look like they have Halloween all figured out.

Joe B. said...

Wish we, but we had our own party could have made the party to get ready for. You guys look like you had fun. Good to see you actually dressed up instead of just saying you would dress up ;-). He was a cute astronaut and a functional-looking football.