with just a few weeks left to go, my thoughts are frequently drifting over to baby, labor, and adjusting to being a family of four. I've taken up reading several different birth-related books, and I usually read them late at night, because let's face it, i don't do any reading during the day with my LT running the show. I stay up too late reading or shifting around in bed to get comfortable, only to get up in the next ten minutes to use the bathroom for the fifth time :) I love watermelon with a passion and as my mind is telling me to stop eating it in the evening, my tastebuds are telling me it's alright. This equals a ton of trips to the bathroom and you would think I would know better by now. My husband is of no help and frequently offers to cut me another slice, which I happily accept. I really love him for it. Even though I know part of the reason for his frequent offers to cut something up for me is half out of the kindness of his heart and half because he can't bear to watch me cut things. He thinks my technique is a bit "off " and that one of these days I will slice one of my fingers clear off. I like my fingers a lot though and I sure hope his fear is never realized!
anyhow, in reading the plethora of birthing info that I read these days, I will frequently spout off random facts or portions of a book that I find to be interesting when Tim is anywhere within earshot. Sometimes I go as far to show him the pictures, and he takes it quite well for the most part. Anyway, I did this same thing when I was pregnant with LT. In fact I do this when I read a lot of informational sort of books. I never know how much T is fully listening, but I do like to hear his reactions to some of it. One memory I will never forget happend just a few moments after I delivered LT. The midwife put him on me first of course and it was the best, best thing in the world. After I held him for awhile, I think it was time for me to deliver the placenta. I had totally forgotten about that part which is not nearly as rewarding and as delivering a beautiful babe but of course it has to be done. So, it was Daddy's first turn holding his boy. I think the midwife said, "OK Daddy, you're turn" or something like that. And I remember Tim reaching out and then stopping himself, saying, "Wait! Skin to skin is best, right?" And right then he tears off his shirt and grabs his new baby. I was laughing. He had stored that little fact away and remembered it at just the perfect time. I am so glad the nurse grabbed my camera to take this picture:

we went home the next day and literally walked in and sat on the couch and stared at our baby for a couple of hours. He was so alert and we felt like he was staring right back at us. Here he is, one day old, and oh my goodness he looks small. I am going to love having another babe in the house. In fact I can hardly stop thinking about it!

3 comments:
Oh, this entry is so sweet--makes me smile for so many reasons! Good job, T, way to take care of Mama and those boys! I can hardly wait for little Jack to arrive too...so close!
Wonderful family moments! So much to be thankful for. Yes, birth, life is a miracle every time. Can't wait to see this new "'mazing" little guy number two. :)
Andrea, I am so excited for your family. There is nothing like new life. Miraculous indeed and a blessing no doubt. You are going you have a beautiful birth. Thank you Lord for little Jack and his family!
Post a Comment