Tuesday, December 9, 2008

farmers we are not

We are proudly raising some corn! On accident. I have no idea how this got here, in my front yard, of all places. Now, a lone corn stalk doesn't exactly "fit" in our landscape, but T and I can't bear to cut her down. Must leave some people wondering about us...We think she blew over from a neighbors garden, or that someone thought it would be a fun practical joke. Either way, we get a good chuckle over her every time we pull into our driveway. Isn't she a beauty?
Imagine my surprise when I headed around the house and found another (more sorry looking) corn popping up! What's going on here? I found him working in the yard too...couldn't resist! I took these pictures 2 weeks ago...A lone rose....in November! Nice to see a little color amongst all the brown. But who am I fooling, I have a slight obsession with the color brown, and the rest of his family (beige, taupe, sand). But this splash of color was breathtaking nonetheless.

2 comments:

Dani McDowell CD(DONA) said...

Ha! I told you a while back that sure looked like corn to me! teehee! I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure you can cut it down because now that it's winter season, it will not ripen and harvest.... could be wrong though!
:)

Malena said...

That's funny- I kept meaning to ask you about that cornstalk- i thought you planted there on purpose! I very small veggie garden. You know, I bet a squirrel or bird ate some corn that was in your garbage or something and pooped it right into your fertile soil. Yum.