Wednesday, December 24, 2008

fun little flashback

I don't know about you, but I love looking through old pictures. They always mean a lot to me, mostly because I can think of a story that goes along with them. As I was downloading some pics of my December '08 photos, I stumbled upon my December '06 folder. I think its safe to say that I take about 300 more pictures a month now than I used to, but I will chalk that up to a hobby that I love and a kid that I love so much I don't tire of capturing everything he does. Anyway, heres what I found:
Taking Eva and Nomi to their first movie. Being an Auntie is so fun like that! And I have LOTS of funny stories from that day!
Tim and Baby Addie....I think we were babysitting her, she was the most peaceful little one I've ever seen!
I still remember hiding from the video camera when my parents would pull it out on family trips. And I can hear Dad saying, "you'll want to watch this when you're older!"
True that, Dad! I LOVE watching the old videos. And like Dad, my husband is also eternally grateful for digital photography. I could be wrong, but I'll bet if you studied my parents bank account statements, you would see an upward trend beginning at the exact moment Mom got her first digital camera. Coincidence? I think not...Mom took enough pictures to fill a small warehouse, and she must have single handedly put the photo processor guy's kids though college develping all that film. Oh thank goodne$$ for the digital era, right, Mom? :) Love you Mom.

Well, we're officially snowed in here. So I just might be blogging a little more than norm. I've got some time on my hands being around the house more than usual. An upside to all this slow-down, or snow-down. No, slow-down:
The upside is, I can just hang out, soak up the love of my family, and revel in the joy that a little baby boy brought to this earth when He was born so many years ago.

Merry Christmas Eve, y'all.


2 comments:

Dani McDowell CD(DONA) said...

Ahh, everyone is growing up! It's so fun to look back in time and remember memories and stories! :)

Malena said...

That is funny- the kids look so different! And it hasn't even been that long... I agree on the movie / picture thing- it is definately worth doing- thanks mom and dad! Our kids' generation will be the most recorded yet- will be interesting to see what that's like for them later. All of their "special moments" and other moments will be available to relive!